Professor Lawrence Sherman discusses the Triple-T Against Crime: targeting, testing, and tracking. The three T's empower police to use evidence that they already have and look at it in a new way. Between the three, they find hot spots of crime, discover the best ways to deal with crime areas, then monitor how their solutions work.
- Type of Content: Tutorial
- Title: Evidence-Based Policing
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2017
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Criminology & Criminal Justice
- Subject: Crime Data & Crime Trends, Crime Prevention, Crime Measuring & Mapping
- Duration: 00:10:51
- Keywords: accuracy, collaboration, comparison, concentration of the population, crime rates, criminology, data analysis, distribution, effectiveness, evidence-based policing, hot spot policing, knowledge-based view, methods, performance, police agencies, police training, police work, priority setting, restorative justice, restorative policing, targeting, testing, tracking, victims, violent crime
Academic: Larry ShermanOnline ISBN:9781473961470Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications Ltd., 2017