Professor Stefano Guzzini discusses the international identity crises that erupted at the end of the Cold War. Countries no longer knew how to relate to one another without the established framework, and various types of denial became common as countries struggled to establish a new paradigm.
- Type of Content: Conference
- Title: Denial and Foreign Policy Identity Crises
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2016
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Politics & International Relations
- Subject: Foreign Policy Analysis, Comparative Foreign Policy, Western Political Thought
- Duration: 00:25:38
- Keywords: adaptation, causality, cognitive dissonance, Cold War, credibility, critical geopolitics, deception and lying, denial, denial (psychology), discourse, discourse analysis, European security, foreign policy, foreign policy analysis, foreign policy crises, geopolitics, human geography, identity crisis, influence and persuasion, militarization and militarism, mimicry, morality, motivation and relationships, negotiated order, other/otherness, political theory, power and international politics, resistance, role and status, Self concept, Stability, State failure, uncertainty, war and political thought
Speaker: Stefano GuzziniOnline ISBN:9781473990548Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications Ltd., 2016