Daya Thussu discusses global communications with a more cultural view. As discussed in the interview he acknowledges the non-western countries and their progression in global communications. With examples on how China has the largest blogging and India the most news channels. He explains that with changes, internationalizing will become a necessity in our future and that the idea of "unlearning" and "re-learning" may become inevitable. Also, Thussu informs us of how technology and the use of mobile media can change Global Communications.
- Type of Content: Interview
- Title: Daya Thussu Discusses Global Communication
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2015
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Media, Communication & Cultural Studies
- Subject: International & Development Communication, Global Media, New Media & Communication Technology
- Duration: 00:43:38
- Keywords: communication studies, complexity and communication, critical communication pedagogy, culture and communication, digital media, globalization and globalization theory, information, media, and communication technology, international communication theories, international education, international media education, internationalization, media and globalization, non western civilization
Academic: Daya ThussuOnline ISBN:9781473929357Copyright: ©SAGE Publications, 2015