In this tutorial dance movement therapy is discussed in the context of suicide prevention. By looking at how stress and isolation may impact body orientation and movement dynamics, movement analysis can help in identifying suicidal risk factors and warning signs. Additionally, dance movement therapy can help increase a person's resiliency and strengthen protective factors; further reducing suicide risk.
- Type of Content: Tutorial
- Title: Dance Movement Therapy for Suicide Prevention
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2015
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Counseling & Psychotherapy
- Subject: Dance Therapy, Self-injury & Suicide Risk
- Duration: 00:09:55
- Keywords: bipolar disorder, body language, counselling, dance, dance therapy, depression, mental illness, movement, resilience and protective factors, risk factors, Socioeconomic factors, Stress management, Suicide, Suicide counseling and prevention
United States of America, North America
Republic of Korea, East AsiaPeople
Academic: Susan IsmusOnline ISBN:9781473931411Copyright: © SAGE Publications, 2015