Dr. John Winslade, Ph.D., counsels a woman dealing with the weight of her mother's refusal of treatment for her alcoholic tendencies. Following this, Winslade discusses the experience with Dr. Lorraine Hedtke, Ph.D.
- Type of Content: In Practice
- Title: Counseling Skills and Techniques: Relationships with Parents and Substance Abuse
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2018
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Counseling & Psychotherapy
- Subject: Counseling Skills (general), Relationship Counseling
- Duration: 00:50:12
- Keywords: alcohol abuse, confusion, counseling, counseling skills training, daughters and mothers, deception and lying, experience and evaluations, family role, family stress, life-role balance, memories and relationships, narrative theory, needs and wants, parent-child relationships, reflection (psychology), resiliency, roles and responsibilities, Substance abuse, time perspective, values and relationships
Client/Patient: Deanna Ramirez
Counselor: John Winslade
Academic: Lorraine HedtkeOnline ISBN:9781526443977Copyright: © SAGE Publications Ltd, 2018