Dr. Lorraine Hedtke counsels a woman dealing with the recent loss of a close friend. Hedtke explores the relationship the two held and its possible effects on the future. Afterwards, Hedtke debriefs with colleague Dr. John Winslade.
- Type of Content: In Practice
- Title: Counseling Skills and Techniques: Grief and Bereavement Counseling
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2018
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Counseling & Psychotherapy
- Subject: Counseling Skills (general), Grief & Bereavement Counseling
- Duration: 00:54:33
- Keywords: abuse and violence in relationships, conscience, coping mechanisms, coping styles, coping with loss and grief, counseling approaches, counseling process/outcome, counseling skills training, creation of meaning, death and bereavement, defining and conceptualizing death, effects of illness on relationships, grief and bereavement counseling, impact of death of friends, loss of friends, narrative theory, reflection (psychology), religion, spirituality, and relationships, religious/spiritual beliefs, representation of time, role transitions, roles, Social support, relationships, and health, therapist techniques/behaviors, time perspective, use of metaphors, victim counseling
Client/Patient: Dennise Kennedy
Counselor: Lorraine Hedtke
Academic: John WinsladeOnline ISBN:9781526443991Copyright: © SAGE Publications Ltd, 2018