Professor Mary Dodge describes restorative justice as a way for offenders to understand the magnitude of their crimes and for communities to reintegrate the offenders. She distinguishes this from shaming.
- Type of Content: Tutorial
- Title: Correctional Responses in the Community: Restorative Justice
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Inc.
- Publication year: 2015
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Criminology & Criminal Justice
- Subject: Restorative Justice, Community Corrections, Victimology
- Duration: 00:02:20
- Keywords: community benefits, criminal justice, reintegration into communities, responsibility attribution, restorative justice, Shaming and shunning, Stigma, victim participation in the criminal justice system, violent crime
Academic: Mary DodgeOnline ISBN:9781506373928Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications, Inc., 2015