Christine Svarer works in corporate engagement for CARE International, a non-governmental organization. She explains corporate social responsibility as the duty and ability businesses have to make the world a better place. Using the example of a partnership with Barclays Bank, Svarer shows how reaching out to the poor with financial education and banking services also benefited the banking system.
- Type of Content: In Practice
- Title: Corporate Social Responsibility: Private Sector Engagement at CARE International
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2016
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Business & Management
- Subject: Corporate Social Responsibility, Corporate Strategy
- Duration: 00:11:20
- Keywords: attitude change, attitudes and behavior, banking systems, behavior change, business and power, business impact analysis, business skills, challenges, issues, and controversies, change agents, communication challenges, corporate social responsibility, development assistance, education, identification, inclusion/exclusion, learning and motivation, literacy, measurement and assessment, ngos and grassroots organizing, numeracy, partnerships, philanthropy for social action, poverty, poverty and inequality, private sector civic involvement, recognition, Success, understanding expertise
CARE International, 1945-
Plan International, 1937-
Barclays Bank, 1690-People
Practitioner: Christine SvarerOnline ISBN:9781473965096Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications Ltd., 2016