Philip Heslop, PhD, Senior Lecturer of Social Work at Northumbria University, discusses skills for communicating with children or adults on the autism spectrum.
- Type of Content: Tutorial
- Title: Communicating with Children with Autism
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2019
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Social Work
- Subject: Social Work & Mental Health (general), Children, Youth and Adolescents (general), Working with Children, Young People & Families
- Duration: 00:24:09
- Keywords: Asperger syndrome, autism spectrum disorders, behavior disorders, bullying, challenging behavior, child development, children with additional needs, communication and language acquisition and development, communication challenges, communication skills, communication styles, development theory, foster care, foster carers, medical diagnosis, Social isolation, Social justice, Social learning, Social learning theory, Social work, Support groups
Academic: Philip HeslopOnline ISBN:9781529702040Copyright: SAGE Publications Ltd, 2019