Professor Claire M. Renzetti discusses her work in the field of violence against women. The Violence Against Women Act brought increased funding and attention to research in this field, and the research is directly tied to changes in law and policing.
- Type of Content: Conference
- Title: Claire M. Renzetti: Stories of Research to Reality: How the Social Sciences Change the World (First Edition)
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Inc.
- Publication year: 2015
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Criminology & Criminal Justice
- Subject: Violent Crime, Domestic Violence, Victimology
- Duration: 00:15:41
- Keywords: abuse and violence in relationships, alcohol and drug use, arrest practices, bullying, campus crime, child marriages, collaboration with outside agencies, coordination, defense, domestic violence and arrest policy, expert witnesses, female genital mutilation, gangs, honor killings, human trafficking, interdisciplinarity, journal publications, law enforcement, mandatory arrest, policy and advocacy, revenge, risk factors, Sexual assault nurse examiners, Sexual violence, Social media, Social science research, teen dating violence prevention, victim advocates, victim participation in the criminal justice system, victim profiles, violence against women, Violence Against Women Act of 1994, Violence Against Women Act of 1994 and Subsequent Revisions
Speaker: John Sides
Speaker: Claire M. RenzettiOnline ISBN:9781473975118Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications Inc., 2015