Professor James R. Bailey talks about stress and how it can affect leaders. He then describes four types of activities that can relieve stress and renew one's ability to work effectively. These activities center on health, removal, intellectual activities, and introspection.
- Type of Content: Case Study
- Title: Case: Sources of Renewal
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2016
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Business & Management
- Subject: Leadership Development, Wellbeing, Health & Stress, Stress in Organizations
- Duration: 00:13:54
- Keywords: cognition, diet, diversity, emotion in the workplace, eustress, exercise (physical activity), family, introspection, leadership (business), leadership development, nervous breakdown, neuroscience of leadership, prioritising, reading (activity), recreation, reflection (psychology), Sleep, Stress (psychological), Stress at work, Stress management, time factors, time perspective, work (economic activity), work effort
Academic: James BaileyOnline ISBN:9781473988439Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications Ltd., 2016