Professor Martin Gannon discusses his book, Understanding Global Cultures. He addresses individualism and collectivism, and cultural awareness--particularly through his personal experiences in the United States, Europe, and Thailand.
- Type of Content: Tutorial
- Title: Background: The Origins of Understanding Global Cultures
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2016
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Business & Management
- Subject: Asian Pacific Business, Managing Across Cultures, International Strategic Management
- Duration: 00:14:01
Keywords: attitudes and behavior, border crossings, competitive behavior, context effects, cross-cultural interactions, cultural awareness, cultural competence, cultural differences, cultural diversity, diversity, egalitarianism, entrepreneurship, individualism / collectivism, language, metaphor, national culture, personal experience, power (sociology), race, religion, and ethnicity, Status, Thailand, traffic crimes, travel, understanding (cognition)
Academic: Martin GannonOnline ISBN: 9781473988699Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications Ltd., 2016