Professor Amy Wenzel discusses the fields of psychopathology and abnormal psychology, particularly highlighting her work in postpartum anxiety and suicidality. She explains the controversies surrounding the new DSM, including the medicalization of everyday experiences and the writers' ties to the pharmaceutical industry. She also explores therapeutic innovations and where she sees psychology headed.
- Type of Content: Interview
- Title: Amy Wenzel Discusses Abnormal Psychology/Psychopathology
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2016
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Psychology
- Subject: Psychopathology, Anxiety Disorders, Clinical Psychology (general)
- Duration: 00:45:39
- Keywords: acceptance and commitment therapy, antidepressants, anxiety, attitudes and behavior, awareness, behavioral observation methods, bias, biopsychosocial model, career development, causation, change management, chronic illness, classical conditioning, clinical psychology, clinical trials, cognitive behavioral therapy, cognitive therapy, collaboration, consciousness, corporate influence peddling, correlation, cross-cultural psychology, demographic analysis, depression, diagnosis, Diagnostic and Statistical Manual, diagnostic interviews, dissemination, education, ethics / research ethics, evaluation and assessment, evidence-based practice, feedback, genetic aspects of addiction, goal setting, grief, influential texts and figures of veneration, institutional review board, integrity, interpersonal psychotherapy, issues and controversies, journal articles, measurement, mechanisms, medicalization, mental disorders, mindfulness, misconceptions, mixed methods research, motivational interviewing, neuroscience, obsessive compulsive disorder, patient care, pharmaceutical industry, placebo effect, postpartum depression, predisposition, pseudoscience, psychology, psychopathology, psychotherapy, publications, research, research funding, research methodology, research methods, research proposals, Self report, Sequential analysis, Specialization designation, Stigma, Students, Suicidal ideation, Suicidality, Systematic desensitization, textbooks, treatment, understanding (cognition), validity, values (guiding principles)
American Psychiatric Association, 1844-
National Institute of Mental Health, 1949-
Academic: Amy WenzelOnline ISBN:9781473955943Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications Ltd., 2016