Professor Augustus Martin highlights the ramifications of domestic government surveillance. He cites historical examples of when federal agencies have overstepped their authority and discusses the dangers of political cultures that tolerate limitless surveillance of citizens.
- Type of Content: Tutorial
- Title: Always Vigilant: Intelligence and Hardening the Target
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Inc.
- Publication year: 2015
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Criminology & Criminal Justice
- Subject: Surveillance, Cyber-Security / Computer Security, Security & Crime (general)
- Duration: 00:03:24
- Keywords: cell phones, Surveillance, Surveillance abuse, Surveillance and society, terrorism, text messaging, text messaging and the fourth amendment, video conferencing, webcams
Academic: C. Augustus MartinOnline ISBN:9781506366739Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications, Inc., 2015