Professor Donna Holland discusses aging out of foster care and provides examples from adults that went through the foster care program. She explains the roles of foster parents, the foster care drift, education outcomes for foster children and what former foster children recommend to people helping children in the foster care system.
- Type of Content: Case Study
- Title: Aging-out of Foster Care
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2017
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Sociology
- Subject: Social Policy (general), Research Methods for Sociology, Family Studies (general)
- Duration: 00:16:27
- Keywords: agency and empowerment, aging out of foster care, basic needs, care giving, case management, children living in foster care, criminology and criminal justice, dropout rate, education, focus groups, foster care, foster care services, foster children, foster parents, fostering, identification, interviews, kinship and foster care, life skills training, love (emotion), outcomes, outcomes research, parent child relations, reform, relationships in foster care, relocation effects on children, role models, rule following, Social context, Social services, Special education, Stability, transition living, young adults
Academic: Donna HollandOnline ISBN:9781526420176Copyright: © SAGE Publications Ltd, 2017