Michael Dentato, PhD, Associate Professor, Loyola University, discusses the role of social work in advocating for LGBTQ rights.
- Type of Content: Case Study
- Title: Advocating for LGBTQ Rights
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2019
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Social Work
- Subject: LGBT Rights, Social Work & Schools, Children, Youth and Adolescents (general)
- Duration: 00:08:59
- Keywords: advocacy, discrimination, Don't Ask, Don't Tell, engagement and intervention, equality and inequality, equality in the workplace, gender identity, health care, HIV/AIDS, homophobia, LGBT issues, LGBT movement, LGBT workers, marginalization, oppression, policy development, rights and freedoms, Sexual orientation discrimination, Social justice, Social justice/action, Social work, Stonewall riots, transgender discrimination, transphobia
Academic: Michael DentatoOnline ISBN:9781529704983Copyright: SAGE Publications Ltd, 2019