Michael Nerheim discusses addiction's impact on society, particularly focusing on opioid addiction. The opioid addiction is an extremely destructive epidemic affecting many throughout America. Nerheim discusses heroin policing, treatment options, and his initiative called A Way Out.
- Type of Content: In Practice
- Title: Addiction's Impact on Society
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2017
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Sociology
- Subject: Sociology of Drugs & Addiction Studies, Crime & Deviance (general), Sociology of Health & Illness
- Duration: 00:24:54
- Keywords: community policing strategies for drug crimes, crime, crime and substance abuse, criminology of illegal drugs, drug abuse, drug abuse and crime, drug addiction, drug addiction treatment, drug addicts, drug overdose, drug overdosing, drug prevention, drug prevention programs, drug related crimes, drug treatment, drug treatment programs, drug use, drug use and abuse, drugs and crime, epidemics, funding, heroin, heroin abuse, heroin dependence, heroin maintenance, misconceptions, Stereotypes, Substance abuse, Substance abuse and dependence
Practitioner: Michael G. NerheimOnline ISBN:9781526420435Copyright: © SAGE Publications Ltd, 2017