The Old Police Cells Museum addresses the history of women in policing, particularly in Sussex. Hazel Lane talks about her experiences as one of the first women in the traffic division. Jacqui Jenkins examines the journey of women in policing, from pioneers who only dealt with women's issues and had to pay for their own uniforms up to today's gender-equal workforce.
- Type of Content: In Practice
- Title: A History of Women in Policing
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2017
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Criminology & Criminal Justice
- Subject: Women in Policing, Equality & Diversity, Corrections/Penology (general)
- Duration: 00:08:28
- Keywords: crime and criminal justice, documentation, gender, gender equality, government, history of police, legitimacy, philanthropy for social action, police attitudes, police reform, policewomen, roles and responsibilities, Segregation and desegregation, Sexism, weapons, women in policing, women in the workplace
Practitioner: Hazel Lane
Practitioner: Jacqui JenkinsOnline ISBN:9781473963979Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications Ltd., 2017