Using Apple as a case study, Dr. Scott Taylor discusses change in leadership and the effect it can have on a corporation. Apple's leader, Steve Jobs, built an emotional relationship with consumers and employees through his charismatic leadership. After his death, corporate and customer responses were very different.
- Type of Content: Case Study
- Title: A Change of Leader: The Case of Apple
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2016
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Business & Management
- Subject: Leadership, Corporate Governance, Qualitative Techniques for Business & Management Research
- Duration: 00:29:11
- Keywords: branding, capitalism, charisma, charismatic leadership, commemoration, community building, community leaders, condolences, consumers, corporation, critical analysis, customer loyalty, data analysis, data collection, death, design and technology, emotion, emotion in the workplace, followership, geographic distribution, hierarchy, leadership (business), manufacturing, memorials and monuments, news media, organization and administration, organizations, popularity, product development, production analysis, production management, products (marketing), public sphere, questionnaires, religion, religious leaders, research, research methods, research questions, response elements, Social media, Sociology, Strategy formulation, technology
Apple Inc., 1976-
Google Inc., 1998-
The Walt Disney Company, 1923-
Virgin Group Limited, 1970-
Facebook Inc., 2004-
Academic: Scott TaylorOnline ISBN:9781473974883Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications Ltd., 2016