Ethics Training Programs
Organizations traditionally have conducted training programs to educate their employees. With the increased attention to ethical behavior, many organizations have created, or expanded, their ethics training programs. The result is that organizational ethics training has become a billion-dollar industry annually. There are many reasons why organizations offer ethics training programs:
- To further communicate and explain the organization's policy on business ethics conduct to current employees
- To introduce new employees to the numerous expectations regarding legal and ethical standards
- To establish or further reinforce the organization's ethical culture
- To communicate to employees the importance of senior management with regard to ethical behavior in the workplace
- To enhance employees' awareness of potential ethical challenges they may face at work
- To provide employees with an ethical decisionmaking framework to use at work when confronted ...