There is no other print source, online source, or Web search engine that provides the wide range and depth of insight found in Vital Statistics on American Politics. This new 2015-2016 edition is updated with the most recent information available. The editors consult hundreds of sources to calculate and locate the data, facts, and figures that offer a vivid and multifaceted portrait of the broad spectrum of United States politics and policies.
In over more than tables and figures, students, professional researchers, and interested citizens will find chapters devoted to key subject areas such as elections and political parties, public opinion and voting, the media, the three branches of U.S. government, foreign, military, social and economic policy, and much more.
- Chapter 1: Elections and Political Parties
- Chapter 2: Campaign Finance and Political Action Committees
- Chapter 3: Public Opinion and Voting
- Chapter 4: The Media
- Chapter 5: Congress
- Chapter 6: The Presidency and Executive Branch
- Chapter 7: The Judiciary
- Chapter 8: Federalism
- Chapter 9: Foreign and Military Policy
- Chapter 10: Social Policy
- Chapter 11: Economic Policy