Pacific Islands Forum (PIF)
Established: As the South Pacific Forum by a subgroup of the South Pacific Commission meeting August 5, 1971, in Wellington, New Zealand; current name adopted October 3–5, 1999, effective October 2000.
Purpose: To facilitate cooperation among member states, to coordinate their views on political issues of concern to the subregion, and to accelerate member states’ rates of economic development.
Headquarters: Suva, Fiji.
Principal Organs: The Forum, Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat.
Secretary General of Forum Secretariat: Meg Taylor (Papua New Guinea).
Membership (18): Australia, Cook Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, French Polynesia, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu.
Associate Members (1): Tokelau.
Observers (9): American Samoa, Timor-Leste, Guam, Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, Wallis and Futuna, Asian ...
- African Union (AU)
- Arab League
- Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC)
- Association of Southeast Asian Nations (Asean)
- Caribbean Community and Common Market (Caricom)
- Common Market For Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA)
- Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS)
- Council of Europe
- Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS)
- European Atomic Energy Community (EURATOM)
- European Free Trade Association (EFTA)
- European Union (EU)
- Group of Eight
- Group of Twenty
- International Criminal Court (ICC)
- International Energy Agency (IEA)
- International Organization For Migration (IOM)
- Non-Aligned Movement
- North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO)
- Organization For Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD)
- Organization For Security And Cooperation In Europe (OSCE)
- Organization of American States (OAS)
- Organization of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS)
- Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC)
- Organization of The Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC)
- Pacific Islands Forum (PIF)
- Regional Development Banks
- Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO)
- South Asian Association For Regional Cooperation (SAARC)
- Southern African Development Community (SADC)
- Southern Cone Common Market (Mercosur/Mercosul)
- The Commonwealth
- United Nations (UN)
- United Nations: Related Organizations
- United Nations: Specialized Agencies
- World Trade Organization (WTO)