- International Organization
- International Organizations
International Energy Agency (IEA)
Established: By the Agreement on an International Energy Program, which was signed by the Council of Ministers of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) November 15, 1974, in Paris, France.
Purpose: To coordinate the responses of participating states to the world energy crisis and to develop an oil-sharing mechanism for use in times of supply difficulties; to coordinate national energy policies, share relevant information on energy supplies and markets, and establish closer relations between petroleum-producing countries and consumer states.
Headquarters: Paris, France.
[Page 1700]Principal Organs: Governing Board, Standing Groups, Committee on Energy Research and Technology, Committee on Non-Member Countries, Executive Director.
Web site: www.iea.org
Executive Director: Maria van der Hoeven (The Netherlands).
Membership (28, with year of entry): Australia (1979), Austria (1974), Belgium (1974), Canada (1974), Czech Republic (2001), ...
- African Union (AU)
- Arab League
- Asia - Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC)
- Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN)
- Caribbean Community and Common Market (CARICOM)
- Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA)
- Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS)
- Council of Europe
- Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS)
- European Atomic Energy Community
- European Free Trade Association (EFTA)
- European Union (EU)
- Group of Eight
- Group of Twenty
- International Criminal Court (ICC)
- International Energy Agency (IEA)
- International Organization for Migration (IOM)
- Non-Aligned Movement
- North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO)
- Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD)
- Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE)
- Organization of American States (OAS)
- Organization of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS)
- Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC)
- Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC)
- Pacific Islands Forum (PIF)
- Regional Development Banks
- Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO)
- South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC)
- Southern African Development Community (SADC)
- Southern Cone Common Market (Mercosur/Mercosul)
- The Commonwealth
- United Nations (UN)
- United Nations: Related Organization
- United Nations: Specialized Agencies
- World Trade Organization (WTO)