For more than 40 years the Historic Documents series has made primary source research easy by presenting full primary documents and excerpts from documents on the important events of each year for the United States and the world. Each volume includes approximately 70 events with well over 100 documents from the previous year, from official or other influential reports and surveys, to speeches from leaders and opinion makers, to court cases, legislation, testimony, and much more.
Historic Documents is renowned for the well-written and informative background, history, and context it provides for each document. Each volume begins with an insightful essay that sets the year's events in context, and each document or group of documents is preceded by a comprehensive introduction that provides background information on the event. Full-source citations are provided. Readers have easy access to material through a detailed, thematic table of contents and a cumulative five-year index that directs them to related material in earlier volumes.
- White House Report Details Benefits of Unemployment Insurance 609
- Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons Awarded 2013 Nobel Peace Prize 616
- U.S. and South African Presidents Eulogize Nelson Mandela 623
- Federal Review of NSA Surveillance Program Issued 633
- China Successfully Lands Spacecraft on the Moon 643