For more than 40 years the Historic Documents series has made primary source research easy by presenting full primary documents and excerpts from documents on the important events of each year for the United States and the world. Each volume includes approximately 70 events with well over 100 documents from the previous year, from official or other influential reports and surveys, to speeches from leaders and opinion makers, to court cases, legislation, testimony, and much more.
Historic Documents is renowned for the well-written and informative background, history, and context it provides for each document. Each volume begins with an insightful essay that sets the year's events in context, and each document or group of documents is preceded by a comprehensive introduction that provides background information on the event. Full-source citations are provided. Readers have easy access to material through a detailed, thematic table of contents and a cumulative five-year index that directs them to related material in earlier volumes.
- President Obama Remarks on the Government Shutdown 479
- Treasury Secretary on the Debt Ceiling 491
- Al Qaeda Operative Captured in Tripoli 497
- WHO Determines Air Pollution to Be a Leading Environmental Cause of Cancer Deaths 508
- President Obama Remarks on the Affordable Care Act 516
- International Organizations Respond to Violence in Mozambique 525