For more than 40 years the Historic Documents series has made primary source research easy by presenting full primary documents and excerpts from documents on the important events of each year for the United States and the world. Each volume includes approximately 70 events with well over 100 documents from the previous year, from official or other influential reports and surveys, to speeches from leaders and opinion makers, to court cases, legislation, testimony, and much more.
Historic Documents is renowned for the well-written and informative background, history, and context it provides for each document. Each volume begins with an insightful essay that sets the year's events in context, and each document or group of documents is preceded by a comprehensive introduction that provides background information on the event. Full-source citations are provided. Readers have easy access to material through a detailed, thematic table of contents and a cumulative five-year index that directs them to related material in earlier volumes.
- PM Netanyahu Charged with Forming New Israeli Government 21
- Vatican Announces Resignation of Pope Benedict; Conclave Chooses New Pope 28
- State of the Union Address and Republican Response 35
- North Korea Conducts Third Nuclear Test 55
- Lebanese Prime Minister on Impact of Syrian Civil War 69