SAGE Business Cases: Sustainability Series
In 2019, SAGE Business Cases launched Sustainability, a new teaching case series within SAGE Business Cases.
Sustainability Series Editor
Dr Vesela Veleva, ScD,University of Massachusetts-Boston
Dr. Veleva is MBA Director and Co-Director of the Center for Sustainable Enterprise and Regional Competitiveness (SERC) at the University of Massachusetts Boston (see "http://www.umb.edu/academics/cm/faculty_staff/faculty/vesela_veleva"). Her research focuses on sustainable consumption, the circular economy, green chemistry, environmental health and corporate social responsibility. She has published over 20 peer reviewed journal articles, many teaching cases and a book, “Business, Environment and Society: Themes and Cases” (2014). Dr. Veleva is an active member of the Sustainable Consumption and Research Initiative (SCORAI) and is co-organizer of the 2020 SCORAI conference “Sustainable consumption and social justice in an urbanizing world” to be hosted by Northeastern University in Boston, June 10-12, 2020. She has a doctorate in Cleaner Production and Pollution Prevention from UMass Lowell, an M.S. in Pollution & Environmental Control from the University of Manchester UK, and a BS in Electrical Engineering from the Technical University of Varna, Bulgaria. At SERC Dr. Veleva has worked to develop network of businesses, communities, non-profits and policy makers committed to advancing a more sustainable and competitive local economy (for a list of SERC events please see: www.umb.edu/serc/events1).
Call for Papers
Partner with SAGE to develop your Sustainability teaching case.SAGE Publishing continues to grow its teaching case collection, SAGE Business Cases, across the business and management discipline while also focusing in on key areas we care deeply about. The Sustainability collection within SAGE Business Cases will highlight the operational intersection between the private sector, public sector, and natural world, exploring how organizations can shape and be shaped by their physical and regulatory environment. We invite cases that explore challenges to responsible long-term
development,and aim to build a collection with a variety of perspectives on environmental, social, and economic sustainability.
SAGE is pleased to offer case authors:
- Double-blind peer review of your case and teaching notes
- A thorough editorial process, working to develop your ideas and prepare cases for successful publication
- Freedom to include your students in the case research and writing process
- Copyright in your name and final PDF for ease of use in your classroom
- Payment when your case is published
- An international audience for your work
Have you written a case that you currently use in your classroom? Do you ahve a rough idea of a case? Bring it to SAGE and we’ll work with you to develop your idea and ready it for the global classroom.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: Rolling
- We look for cases between 1,000 and 5,000 words.
- Please include discussion questions and teaching notes.
- Authors usually receive decisions within 8 weeks of submission.
- Manuscripts are accepted through our ScholarOne portal.
- Submissions guidelines and templates are available on the author resources page.For questions and sample cases, contact: Rebecca Frankel, Editor, email@example.com
Cases from the Sustainability Series