Partner with SAGE to develop your Social Impact teaching case.
view series submissions GUIDELINES
SAGE Publishing continues to grow its global case collection, SAGE Business Cases, in particular in key areas we care deeply about, such as the rich and interdisciplinary topic of social impact and social enterprises.
SAGE is pleased to offer case authors:
- Double-blind peer review of your case and teaching notes
- A thorough editorial process, working to develop your ideas and prepare cases for successful publication
- Freedom to include your students in the case research and writing process
- Copyright in your name and final PDF for ease of use in your classroom
- Payment when your case is published
- An international audience for your work
Have you ever gone searching for a suitable case in social impact or social enterprise but could not find one? Do you have an idea or a rough case draft? Have you written a social impact-related case you currently used in your classroom?Bring it to SAGE
and we’ll work with you to develop your idea. We also encourage students to work alongside you as case writing enables students to apply theory to real-world situations, and they benefit from co-publication credits.
Social entrepreneurship, social business and
New legal structures such as B-Corp, L3C, Social Purpose Corporation
Shared Value & Corporate Social Responsibility
Bottom of the Pyramid
Impact investment and funding
Scaling & Growth
Nonprofits’ earned income strategies
The topics above are merely an illustration. We encourage a broad spectrum of cases on all topics related to social impact from various industries, geographical areas and diverse business subdisciplines. We are also welcoming teaching cases that explore not only successful social impact enterprises, but also those that provide opportunities to learn from failures.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: Rolling
- We look for cases between 1,000 and 5,000 words.
- Please include discussion questions and teaching notes.
- Authors receive decisions within 6-8 weeks of submission.
- Manuscripts are accepted through our ScholarOne portal.
- Submissions guidelines and templates are available on the author resources page.
View author resources