SAGE Business Cases: Healthcare Management Series
In 2019, SAGE Business Cases launched Healthcare Management, a new teaching case series within SAGE Business Cases.
Healthcare Management Series Editor
Karen Pellegrin, Ph.D., M.B.A.,Director of Continuing Education, Strategic Planning, and the Center for Rural Health Science, University of Hawaii at Hilo
Dr. Pellegrin has led teams to win more than $30,000,000 in competitive federal grants for UH Hilo since joining the College of Pharmacy in 2008. She has more than 25 years of leadership experience in health care quality, strategy, research, and education. She received her Ph.D. in clinical psychology from the University of South Florida, completed a postdoctoral fellowship in health psychology and quality management at the Medical University of South Carolina, and received her MBA from The Citadel, the Military College of South Carolina.
She has served as a peer reviewer for SAGE Business Cases since 2017, and is the author of several hit cases including:
Call for Papers
Partner with SAGE to develop your Healthcare Management teaching case.SAGE Publishing continues to grow its teaching case collection, SAGE Business Cases, across the business and management discipline while also focusing in on key areas. The Healthcare Management collection within SAGE Business Cases will highlight operations management, finance, economics, and ethics in the healthcare industry. Cases may be real or fictional, and should explore dilemmas faced by healthcare providers and/or related firms such as pharmaceutical companies, insurers, and medical device suppliers.
SAGE is pleased to offer case authors:
- Double-blind peer review of your case and teaching notes
- A thorough editorial process, working to develop your ideas and prepare cases for successful publication
- Freedom to include your students in the case research and writing process
- Copyright in your name and final PDF for ease of use in your classroom
- Payment when your case is published
- An international audience for your work
Have you written a case that you currently use in your classroom? Do you have an idea or a rough draft of a case? Bring it to SAGE and we’ll work with you to develop your idea and ready it for the global classroom.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: Rolling
- We look for cases between 1,000 and 5,000 words.
- Please include discussion questions and teaching notes.
- Authors usually receive decisions within 8 weeks of submission.
- Manuscripts are accepted through our ScholarOne portal.
- Submissions guidelines and templates are available on the author resources page.For questions and sample cases, contact: Rebecca Frankel, Editor, firstname.lastname@example.org
Cases from the Healthcare Management Series