Partner with SAGE to develop your FAMILY BUSINESS teaching case.
view series submissions GUIDELINES
SAGE Publishing continues to grow its global case collection, SAGE Business Cases, in particular in key areas we care deeply about, such as the rich and interdisciplinary topic of family-run enterprise.
SAGE is pleased to offer case authors:
- Double-blind peer review of your case and teaching notes
- A thorough editorial process, working to develop your ideas and prepare cases for successful publication
- Freedom to include your students in the case research and writing process
- Copyright in your name and final PDF for ease of use in your classroom
- $500 when your case is published
- An international audience for your work
Have you ever gone searching for a suitable case in family business and could not find one? Do you have an idea or a rough case draft? Have you written a family business-related case you currently used in your classroom? Bring it to SAGE
and we’ll work with you to develop your idea. We also encourage students to work alongside you as case writing enables students to apply theory to real-world situations, and they benefit from co- publication credits.
in family businesses
of family businesses
- Family firm
trusts, foundations, and family offices
entrepreneurship in family businesses
wealth in family firms
- Outside CEOs
in family businesses
shareholder rights in family firms
culture and identity in family business
and Joint Ventures
of the family business
management in business families
- Conflict in
The topics above are merely an illustration. We encourage authors to consider issues outside of succession in family firms and to explore topics related to family business from various industries, geographical areas and diverse business subdisciplines. We are also welcoming teaching cases that explore not only successful enterprises, but also those that provide opportunities to learn from failures.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: August 1, 2020 (for January 2021 publication)
- We look for cases between 1,000 and 5,000 words.
- Please include discussion questions and teaching notes.
- Authors receive decisions within 6-8 weeks of submission.
- Manuscripts are accepted through our ScholarOne portal.
- Submissions guidelines and templates are available on the author resources page.
View author resources