SAGE Business Cases: Ancient Leadership
SAGE Publishing continues to grow its teaching case collection, SAGE Business Cases, across the business spectrum while incorporating new insights from a variety of disciplines. In 2019, SAGE launched Ancient Leadership, a new teaching case series within SAGE Business Cases.
The Ancient Leadership collection brings the humanities to the business world by exploring narratives of becoming a leader in Classical history, mythology, philosophy, and material culture. These cases allow students to engage with sources from the diverse cultures of the ancient Mediterranean basin, not merely limited to Greece and Rome, but also Persia, Phoenicia, Lydia, Egypt, Etruria, etc. The collection represents an inclusive array of individuals and leadership scenarios in ancient Mediterranean societies, especially in terms of gender, social status, economic class, and occupation.
Ancient Leadership Series Editor
Irene Morrison-Moncure’s teaching and research focuses on the relationship between power and literature in ancient Rome. She currently teaches and advises for the Gallatin School of Individualized Study at NYU and holds a PhD in Classics from the CUNY Graduate Center. Prior to NYU, she was a lecturer in the Department of Classical and Oriental Studies at Hunter College and a participant of the Classical Summer School at the American Academy in Rome. She currently serves on the Board of Directors and Board of Advisers for Ascanius: The Youth Classics Institute and Kallion Leadership, Inc. respectively.
Call for Papers
Partner with SAGE to develop your Ancient Leadership teaching case.
SAGE is pleased to offer case authors:
- Double-blind peer review of your case and teaching notes
- A thorough editorial process, working to develop your ideas and prepare cases for successful publication
- Freedom to include your students in the case research and writing process
- Copyright in your name and final PDF for ease of use in your classroom
- Payment when your case is published
- An international audience for your work
Have you ever gone searching for a suitable case in ancient leadership and could not find one? Do you have an idea or a rough case draft? Have you written a ancient leadership-related case you currently used in your classroom? Bring it to SAGE and we’ll work with you to develop your idea. We also encourage students to work alongside you as case writing enables students to apply theory to real-world situations, and they benefit from co-publication credits.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: Rolling
- We look for cases between 1,000 and 5,000 words.
- Please include discussion questions and teaching notes.
- Authors usually receive decisions within 8 weeks of submission.
- Manuscripts are accepted through our ScholarOne portal.
- Submissions guidelines and templates are available on the author resources page.For questions and sample cases, contact: Rebecca Frankel, Editor, email@example.com
Cases from the Ancient Leadership Series