SAGE Business Cases: Content Partners
SAGE Business Cases continues to grow and we welcome inquiries about partnering with us. SAGE offers its select group of Content Partners the following:
- Branded sub-collection and exposure for your content in the global academic library market.
- Increased discoverability of your content through indexing on Google Scholar.
- Royalties of net revenues attributable to your content on the site. Licensed partners who contribute at least 25 cases are paid a percentage of the collection's annual net revenue regardless of individual case use.
- SAGE will provide usage metrics and manage all customer service and customer relationships, including technical support for cases on our site. All you do is send us your PDF or Word files and we take care of everything else.
For more information on partnering with SAGE Business Cases, contact Maureen Adams, Executive Editor, at Maureen.Adams@sagepub.com.
Scroll down or select from the options below to learn more about our current content partners:
Georgetown UniversityView GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY CasesThe Institute for the Study of Diplomacy, in cooperation with the Pew Research Center, advanced the application of the case study method of instruction to international affairs in the mid-1980s. Based on the case study method used at business schools, ISD case studies address the unique needs of the instructor presenting the wealth of themes and processes that comprise diplomacy. They are suitable for students from high school through graduate school.ISD has a library of nearly 250 cases covering an exceptionally broad range of topics from U.S. diplomatic history. Written by senior practitioners directly involved in the events or academics well-versed in them, these case studies tell compelling stories. But they also represent a rigorous effort to bring the dynamics and nuance of diplomacy in action–its successes and its failures–into the classroom. They can be used either as standalones or to augment regular course material.In addition to background on the specific issue or event, each case study offers detailed examination of the key players and the challenges and options available to policymakers. The structure for instruction can be thematic, geographic or era-specific. Many of the cases include teaching notes and other guides on their use.
Graduate School of Business, University of Cape Town, South AfricaView UNIVERSITY of Cape Town CasesCase Writing Centre – Graduate School of Business, University of Cape Town, South Africa The Case Writing Centre produces and publishes teaching case studies that reflect African and the emerging market context for the University of Cape Town Graduate School of Business ( www.gsb.uct.ac.za). In collaboration with the Harvard Business School Alumni Africa, the Case Writing Centre’s purpose is to bring the relevance and strength of local business lessons to life. We profile leading businesses and explore actual, complex situations and how best to solve them. Our cases also boast informative and in-depth teaching notes. Our areas of interest include business strategy, leadership, marketing, operations, organisational change, and social innovation.
- Graduate School of Management, St. Petersburg University, RussiaView St. Petersburg University CasesDevelopment and dissemination of case studies on Russian firms and international companies based in Russia is a top priority of the GSOM at St. Petersburg University. Each case study is a carefully prepared educational material containing a methodically structured description of a situation drawn from real business practice. Most of the cases developed at the GSOM—both full-length and mini-cases—are based on field research and primary sources. Currently the GSOM is the largest center of case studies on business practices in Russia, and GSOM cases are used in instruction at universities in Europe, the United States, Asia, and Africa.
- Human KineticsView Human Kinetics CasesAt Human Kinetics, Our mission is to produce innovative, informative products in all areas of physical activity that help people worldwide lead healthier, more active lives. Human Kinetics is committed to providing quality informational and educational products in the physical activity and health fields that meet the needs of our diverse customers. Within the physical activity field, recreational and organized sports are a major focus.Our customers include scholars who study physical activity and health issues; professionals who apply sport, physical activity, and health knowledge in delivering useful services; and the public who engage in fitness and sports activities in many forms and who benefit from living healthier lifestyles.We are committed to providing not only information but also solutions that help our customers practice their professions better and live healthier, more enjoyable lives. We are committed to providing accurate, useful information and education, packaged and delivered at affordable prices with technology being a key driving force in improving our products and their accessibility. We are committed to being a leader in our field through innovation and expansion around the world.We have included cases from the following journals:- Case Studies in Sport Management (CSSM) is the only journal dedicated to case studies in sport management. CSSM serves as a searchable library of cases that instructors can use in incorporating the case method of learning into their classrooms. The journal is continually updated with new cases as they are accepted and published through the refereed review process, thereby providing users with new content related to the ever-evolving sport industry.- The International Journal of Sport Communication (IJSC) provides a platform for the dissemination of peer-reviewed research and information on the unique aspects and divergent activities associated with sport communication. Although many journals cover a single aspect of sport and communication, IJSC is the first to provide an all-encompassing view of the field by covering any topic related to communication in sport, through sport, or in a sport setting. This rigorously reviewed quarterly journal features quantitative and qualitative articles, including cutting-edge research, case studies, and editorials.
- The Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIMA), IndiaView IIMA CasesRecognized as India’s top management school and one of the best business schools in the world, IIMA educates outstanding students. The Institute’s strengths include a reputation built over five decades of excellence and meritocracy, committed and talented faculty, tremendous goodwill among recruiters, a global diaspora of alumni in positions of responsibility, loyalty among employees and an iconic campus.IIMA was set up in 1961 with support from Harvard Business School and adopted the case-based pedagogy from its inception. Over the years, IIMA has developed a rich collection of more than 4000 cases, technical notes, exercises, and related teaching notes. The cases belong to diverse sectors ranging from agriculture and animal husbandry to software; primarily based on firms in India, making it perhaps the biggest repository of emerging market cases. Most IIMA cases are based on primary sources and tested in class before registration.
- Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode
- Institute of Management Accountants (IMA)View IMA CasesIMA®, the association of accountants and financial professionals in business, is one of the largest and most respected associations focused exclusively on advancing the management accounting profession. Globally, IMA supports the profession through research, the CMA® (Certified Management Accountant) program, continuing education, networking and advocacy of the highest ethical business practices. IMA has a global network of more than 80,000 members in 140 countries and 300 professional and student chapters. Headquartered in Montvale, N.J., USA, IMA provides localized services through its four global regions: The Americas, Asia/Pacific, Europe, and Middle East/Africa. For more information about IMA, please visit www.imanet.org.About IECJ®The IMA Educational Case Journal (IECJ®) is a quarterly online journal that publishes teaching cases and notes. IECJ publishes cases covering a wide range of topics reflecting the diverse skill set required of management accountants. Its published cases take learning beyond mere “number-crunching” exercises to require interpretation of data in a decision-making context – making them ideal learning tools for graduate and undergraduate students.
- The International Council on Hotel, Restaurant and Institutional Education (ICHRIE), USAView ICHRIE CasesInternational CHRIE (ICHRIE), a non-profit professional association, offers an unparalleled opportunity for hospitality and tourism educators and industry professionals to come together and affect change for the future. ICHRIE, an inclusive, collegial association, whose members are researchers and educators from all over the world at the ready to collaborate and network on a broad range of hospitality & tourism topics.About JHTCThe Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Cases (JHTC) is an international refereed electronic publication offering innovative ideas, business (best or failure) practices, professional dilemmas, and lessons learned from the tourism and hospitality reality. An invaluable source of knowledge, JHTC’s mission is to distribute quality studies to those who wish to use this method as a teaching, research and/or management tool.
- Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University, USAView Kellogg School Of Management CasesKellogg School of Management The Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University is a premier institution for management education. Founded in 1908 near Chicago, Illinois, USA, it is a different voice in management education - one that believes brave leaders inspire growth in people, organizations, and markets. Forty years ago it pioneered teamwork and collaborative models that transformed business education; today it continues to educate, equip and inspire students who will become leaders in the Collaboration Economy. Its faculty are recognized thought leaders whose teaching and research transforms how the world thinks about the challenges affecting business and society. Kellogg School of Management’s global community, made up of 54,000 alumni that lead top organizations, embraces diverse perspectives as an essential part of learning and success.Kellogg case collectionThe Kellogg case collection contains more than six hundred cases and related teaching notes, technical notes, and supplementary materials. All Kellogg cases are taught in the classroom before being added to the collection. As a result, they create dynamic and effective opportunities for students to understand and apply theories and frameworks, analyze complex situations, evaluate options, and formulate innovative solutions.
- NeilsonJournals Publishing, Scotland, UKView NeilsonJournals CasesNeilsonJournals Publishing specializes in enhancing tertiary level business education worldwide by publishing case studies featured in four journals: Journal of Business Ethics Education, Journal of International Business Education, Operations Management Education Review and Journal of Organizational Behavior Education . As each journal is international in scope, cases are submitted by faculty from universities, business schools, and professionals from all round the globe covering topics within each journal's subject area and are aimed at upper undergraduate business and MBA students. All case studies and teaching notes are peer reviewed under double blind review by each of the journals' review boards and external experienced case teaching faculty according to the specific topic. A highly focused operation since 2004, NeilsonJournals Publishing aims at providing quality business case studies for university educators and professional instructors alike. Click on the journal titles to find each of the 4 case study collections.
- Renmin Business School, ChinaView Renmin Business School CasesRenmin Business School (RMBS) is one of China’s premier business schools. Dating back to 1950, RMBS also boasts the longest history of management education in China. RMBS’s strengths are rooted in the rich accumulation of intellectual assets of our parent university in the humanities and social sciences, a long-standing tradition of close integration between theory and practice, close engagement with enterprises and governments, and a large alumni base. RMBS is a leader with global perspective and insightful understanding of Chinese management.Renmin Business School founded the Case-Based Research Center in April 2006, and renamed it as the Research Center for Management Cases and Teaching Innovation in 2011. The aim of the center is to enhance the integration of teaching, learning, research, and industrial expertise by focusing on case development and teaching innovation. As of June 2020, the Center has developed more than 300 cases, including traditional cases, raw cases, and brief cases.
- Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus UniversityView Rotterdam School Of Management CasesThe Rotterdam School of Management Case Development Centre (CDC) was established in 2008 to meet the growing demand for customized management teaching cases. Case studies developed and written by CDC are used as teaching aids by businesses and by management schools worldwide. CDC is one of few organizations in Europe specializing in case development. Its cases bring first-hand knowledge of business practices to management education as well as other businesses, and are an effective way of communicating management theory to business practitioners.
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), USAView SHRM CasesFounded in 1948, the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) is the world’s largest HR membership organization devoted to human resource management. Representing more than 275,000 members in over 160 countries, the Society is the leading provider of resources to serve the needs of HR professionals and advance the professional practice of human resource management. SHRM has more than 575 affiliated chapters within the United States and subsidiary offices in China, India and United Arab Emirates.SHRM case collectionA cornerstone of SHRM’s complimentary teaching resources for HR faculty, the SHRM case collection focuses on a broad variety of topics that aspiring HR professionals should study and while earning a bachelor’s or master’s degree. Each case is linked to the HR Competency Model that defines the behaviors an HR professional should refine and master in order to progress from one career level to another within the HR profession. The cases are designed to acquaint students with typical issues or problems an HR practitioner may expect to encounter in daily work. Each case includes teaching notes and supplementary materials that enable learners to refine HR knowledge and the ability to apply that knowledge to resolve common—and sometimes not-so-common—workplace issues.
- Journal of Information Technology Teaching CasesvIEW jittc CASESThe Journal of Information Technology Teaching Cases (JITTC) provides contemporary practical case materials for teaching topics in business and government about uses and effectiveness of technology, the organisation and management of information systems and the impacts and consequences of information technology.JITTC is designed to assist academics, scholars, and teachers in universities and other institutions of executive education, as well as instructors of organizational training courses. Case topics include but are not restricted to: alignment with the organization, innovative uses of technology, emerging technologies, the management of IT, including strategy, business models, change, infrastructure, organization, human resources, sourcing, system development and implementation, communications, technology developments, technology impacts and outcomes, technology futures, national policies and standards.
- Berkeley Haas Case SeriesView Berkeley Haas CasesIThe Berkeley-Haas Case Series is a collection of business case studies written by the faculty of the Haas School of Business at UC Berkeley. The collection spans a variety of subjects -- ranging from entrepreneurship and strategy to finance and marketing -- and includes cases on major companies like Patagonia, Genentech, Levi Strauss, Ford, Netflix, and more. The Berkeley-Haas Case Series seeks to publish cases that challenge conventional assumptions about business, science, culture, and politics.Consistently ranking among the top public universities in the world, UC Berkeley benefits from its rich academic history and a prime location in the San Francisco Bay Area. The Haas School of Business offers an extensive range of degree programs in addition to many unique courses and programs, like Cleantech to Market, the Center for Responsible Business, and the International Business Development program.
- Mendoza College of Business, University of Notre Dame, USAView University of Notre Dame CasesThe University of Notre Dame Mendoza College of Business case collection is focused entirely on communication in business organizations. The 250 cases offered here comprise a wide range of corporate communication disciplines and interests, including Employee Communication; Media Relations; Crisis Communication; Investor Relations; Image, Identity, and Reputation Management; Executive Communication and Public Affairs.The Notre Dame collection, produced by research scholars in the Fanning Center for Business Communication, encompasses the full range of industrial categories and economic sectors in contemporary global business. Most of the cases focus on Fortune 500 brand names and issues of current interest to managers and executives across the business world. Each case comes with an embedded student writing assignment and an optional PowerPoint deck and Teaching Note for instructor use.Founded in 1842, the University of Notre Dame provides a distinctive voice in higher education that is at once rigorously intellectual, unapologetically moral in orientation, and firmly embracing of a service ethos. The nation’s pre-eminent Catholic university and rated among the top 15 of all U.S. institutions of higher learning, Notre Dame is organized into four undergraduate colleges — Arts and Letters, Science, Engineering, and the Mendoza College of Business — the School of Architecture, the Keough School of Global Affairs, the Law School, the Graduate School, 13 major research institutes, more than 40 centers and special programs, and the University library system.The Mendoza College of Business at Notre Dame is a premier Catholic business school that fosters academic excellence while promoting business as a force for good in society. A leader in values-based education with the message of Ask More of Business™, the College offers innovative coursework that integrates real-life case studies, a faculty renowned for teaching and research, international study opportunities, and interactions with some of the foremost business thought leaders.The Eugene D. Fanning Center for Business Communication at Notre Dame provides instruction, guidance, and counsel in writing, speaking, and other dimensions of human communication. At the heart of this mission is a concern for the individual, a focus on ethics and integrity in business.
- Tsinghua University School of Economics and Management, ChinaView Tsinghua University CasesTsinghua University School of Economics and Management (Tsinghua SEM), one of China’s top universities and business schools, was the first school in China to offer business courses by the case method. China Business Case Center (CBCC), affiliated with Tsinghua SEM, is one of China’s most renowned research and teaching service facilities specialized in studying, developing and compiling Chinese business cases. The cases collected by CBCC are of great need and used extensively in China's business education and some overseas business schools, due to the emerging Chinese economy and enterprises in the world stage. CBCC collects cases from all fields and industries, covering all subjects of business administration, including innovations and entrepreneurship, accounting and control, finance, IT system and production management, human resource and leadership, project management, marketing, general management, strategy management and implementation, government and international business, and so on. Its current case collection exceeds 500. The English cases published here by SAGE are among the essence of the CBCC collection.
- Cambridge Judge Business School, University of Cambridge, UKView Cambridge Judge Business School CasesThe University of Cambridge Judge Business School collection comprises cases across a variety of disciplines and sectors that reflect the diverse and global nature of the School’s research and teaching. Sectors range from the television and entertainment industry to new technologies in China and developing nations as well as in the UK, to finance and human resource management in the Middle East and the development of information systems across various industries. Organisations featured include Broad Group, ICBC Bank, the NHS, M-Pesa, ARM, Alibaba Groups, Channel 4, Cobra Beer, Selco and BT as well as several cases that feature government organisations in different countries.Cambridge Judge Business School was founded in 1990, comprises over 70 international researchers, with research interests spanning the globe and the full spectrum of business issues. Many are leaders in their field, directing cutting-edge research, consulting for top businesses, advising governments, and most of all, bringing their new found knowledge and experiences to the classroom. The school encompasses 14 interdisciplinary research centres and networks and offers 10 programmes of study including the MBA, EMBA and MFin. Cambridge Judge Business School Executive Education offers a wide range of open enrolment and customised programmes. These programmes are designed for organisations, business professionals, managers, leaders, and executives from many different functions who strive for professional and personal growth.We are a business school at the heart of an 800 year old University in the business of transformation - of individuals, of organisations and society. Our unique combination of the latest thinking from academia and professional practice, in turn, enables us to develop greater knowledge and better methods in order to have an impact on the world in which we live and work.
- University of Washington,USAView University of Washington CasesThe Electronic Hallway at the University of Washington Evans School of Public Policy and Governance is an online library of quality teaching cases and other curricular materials for faculty who teach public administration, public policy, and related subjects. Electronic Hallway materials are used widely throughout the United States and in many foreign countries in graduate, undergraduate, and government training programs. Cases are available in numerous policy areas and are designed to teach a number of skills. Many Electronic Hallway cases include teaching notes, assignments, and other resources for instructors.
- University of Zurich, Swiss Chinese Case Study CenterView University of Zurich CasesThe Swiss Chinese Case Study Center is a joint research initiative of the Faculty of Business, Economics, and Informatics of the University of Zurich and New Huadu Business School, with the financial support of the EMBA program of the University of Zurich. Our mission is to support and assist teaching and research activities that advance the knowledge of cross-cultural management and the globalization of Chinese companies in terms of strategy, marketing, leadership, human resource management, business operations, and other management fields in advanced economiesCollaborative research: At the Swiss Chinese Case Study Center, scholars from the Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Information Technology of the University of Zurich conduct a collaborative cross-cultural management research program with their counterparts at New Huadu Business School, investigating the management issues and challenges at all operational levels from two perspectives: Swiss firms operating in China, and Chinese firms in Switzerland and other European countries.Publications: The outcome of this joint research is published in the form of business case studies and presented in workshops and conferences, and will advance our understanding of both the increasing prominence of Chinese firms in international business and how effective interactions can be between China and the rest of the world.Teaching: An increasing number of our case studies is also being utilized in the classrooms of the University of Zurich and other higher education institutions in Switzerland and in China.
- Wits Business School, University of Witwatersrand, South AfricaView Wits Business School CasesWits Business School (WBS) is the Graduate School of Business Administration at the University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg. It offers a variety of postgraduate academic and executive education programmes. WBS also specialises in the design and delivery of in-company programmes, partnering with client organisations to develop management capacity. WBS maintains close relationships with South African businesses and employers and ensures that it remains relevant to the business context of the students it serves. The school is recognised as a leader in curriculum development, especially in the areas of technology, entrepreneurship, and globalisation.The WBS Case CentreThe WBS case centre was established in the late 1990s for the purpose of writing cases that reflect the real-world complexities of doing business in the South African and African context. Today the WBS case centre has a team of case writers who work with academics to produce timely, relevant cases on current challenges facing private and public sector organisations operating in South Africa and Africa. The case centre has developed more than 200 cases on companies as diverse as Anglogold, Nando’s, Harley Davisdon®, Massmart, and Capitec Bank. The cases cover all areas of business and management, including strategy, organisational design and development, entrepreneurship, internationalisation, operations management, and human resources.
- Yale School of Management, USAView Yale School of Management CasesThe Yale School of Management was founded to educate leaders for both business and society. To achieve this end, the school has forged close ties with other schools at Yale University as well as introduced a curriculum that integrates management disciplines and focusses on cross-sector collaboration. In 2012, the School of Management convened the Global Network for Advanced Management, a network of 28 leading business schools throughout the world that collaborate to increase understanding of the complex interrelationships of market and nonmarket actors. The resources of the school, Yale University and the Global Network allow students, alumni and faculty to analyze leadership challenges across sectors and geographies and build organizations of lasting value.Yale School of Management Case CollectionThe Yale School of Management created the Case Research and Development Team to support its unique integrated curriculum. In ten years, the team has contributed over a hundred pieces of material to the SOM curriculum on a wide variety of topics and from numerous global locales. Besides preparing traditional business cases, the team invented “raw” cases - multimedia, web-based cases that integrate text, documents, spreadsheets and videos. The team also maintains active collaborations with other business schools in the Global Network to produce unique pedagogical materials.