Your Foundation in Health & Social Care provides readers with all the knowledge and skills necessary for effective learning at Foundation level, both in study and the workplace. It explores all the key areas of the Foundation degree, including values, communication, legal issues and psychology.
Chapter 8: Psychology for Health and Social Care
- The components of behaviour
- Psychological theories
- Lifespan development
- Psychology and working in health and social care
By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
- Provide a brief explanation of the major psychological perspectives.
- Give examples of how emotions, cognitive processes and social interactions influence observable behaviour.
- Identify the changes associated with significant life stages and suggest reasons for possible responses (developmental outcomes).
- Discuss how selected psychological theory and concepts can be applied to enhance practice in health and social care settings.
As you have chosen to study subjects related to working in the field of health and social care you are inevitably going to be interested in people. Working in this area means that you ...