Your Foundation in Health & Social Care provides readers with all the knowledge and skills necessary for effective learning at Foundation level, both in study and the workplace. It explores all the key areas of the Foundation degree, including values, communication, legal issues and psychology.
Chapter 2: Learning through Work and Placement: Becoming Reflective
- Work-based learning and placement
- Entering the workplace
- Reflecting on practice
- Developing a framework of reflection
- Reflection and empowering practice: praxis and Paulo Freire
By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
- Understand the concept of work-based learning and its role within Foundation Degrees and other courses in health and social care.
- [Page 40]Make use of mentoring or supervision and other support within the workplace.
- Develop a framework to reflect on your practice in work-based learning.
- Recognize the importance of praxis and work-based learning as the practical application of values to develop empowering approaches to practice.
Foundation Degrees are intended to provide students with the knowledge, understanding and skills that employers need. ...