You can help students and trainees gain a better understanding of the complexity of culture! The 71 exercises in this book can help you provide students and trainees with the practical experience and knowledge needed to succeed in real-world situations. Drawing from over 15 years of cross-cultural training experience, the author has assembled a diverse number of engaging exercises that can be quickly implemented with minimal effort. Self-administered questionnaires, case studies, culture-focused interviews, and pro and con debates are just a few of the wide range of activities you can use to enrich the classroom.



It is frequently asserted that approximately 30% of the communication between individuals is transmitted by the words they use. The other 70% occurs through the following types of nonverbal communication:

  • Kinetics—the study of body movements
  • Proxemics—the study of personal and social space
  • Paralanguage—the study of how things are said

These areas fall under the general classification of sociolinguistics, or the dynamic interaction between language and ...

  • Loading...
locked icon

Sign in to access this content

Get a 30 day FREE TRIAL

  • Watch videos from a variety of sources bringing classroom topics to life
  • Read modern, diverse business cases
  • Explore hundreds of books and reference titles