Helps teachers include multimodal approaches in writing instruction, demonstrates how to build a supportive classroom environment for analyzing visual and audiovisual texts, and includes a CD-ROM.
In This Section
- What is Non-Fiction?
- the complexities of composing non-fiction texts
- analysing design in leaflets and information books
- Classroom account: Making Information Leaflets with Years 3/4
- scaffolds for non-fiction research and composition
- making non-fiction frames from websites
- non-fiction based on ‘the world around us’
- Classroom Account: Researching in the School Environment with Years ½
- multimodal texts in the environment
- Persuasive Presentation Texts
- Classroom Account: Design Presentations in Years 3/4.
What is Non-Fiction?
It seems rather strange to describe something by its opposite: ‘ non-fiction’. It is particularly strange when there are so many types of text included in the category. Perhaps the lack of a more positive description is itself a clue – that such forms of text may not be easily divided into separate types and that often there are overlaps between, for example, information ...