Helps teachers include multimodal approaches in writing instruction, demonstrates how to build a supportive classroom environment for analyzing visual and audiovisual texts, and includes a CD-ROM.
The Classroom as an Environment for Visual and Audio-Visual Texts
In This Section
- reviews of provision of multimodal texts in the classroom and school
- issues of quality: evaluating multimodal texts
- Raising the Profile of Multimodal Texts
- Teaching Multimodality
- Provision of Digital Resources
- Reading and Analysing Visual Texts
- The Environment of Possibility.
Developing the school and classroom environment to encourage visual and multimodal literacy requires a fresh look at the range and type of texts available. Resources need to include print and visual texts in a range of forms to support children in their understanding and development. Teachers and practitioners have a broad knowledge of picture books, as well as chapter books, and these provide an ideal starting point for reviewing text provision for multimodal ...