Previous Chapter Session 1: Beginnings Next Chapter
Session 1: Beginnings
- To encourage introductions between the children.
- To establish a trusting and friendly atmosphere.
- To begin to introduce a ‘feelings vocabulary’.
- An interesting object — a ball, a furry animal, a precious stone (for ‘Middle, left, right’).
- Use ‘Getting into pairs’ (from the CD-ROM). Print so that each child will have one piece of paper with a word on it (for ‘Pairs — still images’).
- Flipchart and pens (for ‘Pairs — still images’).
The children should be sitting in a circle. Introduce a ‘talking object’ (when the child holds it they may talk or sign). The idea is to pass the object around the circle and each person to first introduce themselves and then the person on their left and right. Model this for the ...