- Subject index
Understanding and Shaping Curriculum: What We Teach and Why introduces readers to curriculum as knowledge, curriculum as work, and curriculum as professional practice. Author Thomas W. Hewitt discusses curriculum from theoretical and practical perspectives to not only acquaint readers with the study of curriculum, but also help them to become effective curriculum practitioners.
Chapter 5: Knowledge and Theories about Curriculum
Knowledge and Theories about Curriculum
- The Curriculum Knowledge Base 104
- Perspective into Practice: Applying Discipline Knowledge in the Development of a Lesson in Geography 112
- Discipline Perspectives 113
- Curriculum Orientations and Interests 114
- Learning Theory and Curriculum 119
- Inquiry Traditions and Curriculum 121
- Summary and Conclusions 126
- Critical Perspective 126
- Resources for Curriculum Study 127
- References 128
The textbook evaluations in the state department of education social studies curriculum review are complete. The state board of education has approved the textbook list and submitted it for school districts to use. Bay City School District and Shores Independent District 36 have decided to use different social studies texts for third grade. Selecting from the new approved list, Bay City decided on the text by Smith Publishing, whereas Shores ID 36 chose a ...