Progress: the focus of a new perspective on leadership
Weaving together original research, novel strategies and tactics, and stories of successful leaders, this book provides insight into how to become a progress-making leader. Written by an academic and a business executive, the book provides actionable ideas grounded in sound research and tested in real organizations.
Find out more!
1. Click on the Features/New to this Edition tab above for more information about the book; 2. Visit the authors' website for teaching and learning resources: http://www.progressmakers.net; 3. Watch the video! A video touching on some of the issues covered in the book is available on YouTube: click here to watch the video. This video is a great resource that can be used in the classroom to launch discussion about the nature of leadership.
- Section I: Elements of Progress Making
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Exploring
- Chapter 3: Refining
- Chapter 4: Platforms
- Chapter 5: Progress
- Chapter 6: The Progress Model
- Chapter 7: How Explorers and Refiners Make Progress
- Chapter 8: Progress Makers
- Section II: Strategies for Progress Makers
- Chapter 9: Envision the Future with Calculated Boldness
- Chapter 10: Cultivate a Focused Flexibility Mind-Set
- Chapter 11: Enlarge the Circle of Engagement
- Chapter 12: Foster the Growth of Investment-Worthy Employees
- Chapter 13: Seek, Nurture, and Evaluate Actionable Ideas
- Chapter 14: Select, Detect, and Correct the Proper Errors
- Chapter 15: Practice Receiver-Centric, Strategy-Based, Feedback-Driven Communication
- Chapter 16: Conclusion