Teachers will learn: Why conceptual learning is a natural fit for young minds Strategies for introducing children to conceptual learning Instructional strategies to help students uncover and transfer concepts How to write concept-based lessons How to assess for conceptual understanding How to differentiate in a concept-based classroom How CBCI aligns with other current best practices and initiatives (like PBL, CCSS, etc.)
- Introduction: Why Is Concept-Based Curriculum Critical for the 21st Century?
- What Are the Essential Elements of Concept-Based Curriculum Design?
- How Do I Set Up My Classroom for Deep, Conceptual Learning?
- What Are the Building Blocks of Concept-Based Instruction?
- What Additional Tools Can We Use to Design Lessons?
- How Do We Design Assessments for Conceptual Understanding?
- How Can We Work Toward Equity in a Concept-Based Classroom?
- How Can Conceptual Understanding Help to Preserve a Love of Learning Beyond Childhood?
- Conclusion: Imagine What School Could Be…