Master the Age of Complexity through innovative growth. From far-reaching impacts of COVID-19 to environmental and economic concerns, we’re living in the Age of Complexity that will likely be with us for generations to come. How then can schools and organizations change their learning environments to foster innovative thinking in students when the Age of Complexity is always at the forefront? Peter Gamwell and Jane Daly answer that question and more by demonstrating how to understand problems the world faces as living, changing systems. Built on the philosophy that the prosperity of any organization is directly proportional to how it values its people, affords them autonomy, and gives them creative rein, this book provides resources including: • A new way to define brilliance, and 10 specific ways you can shift your organization to prepare your school and community for the Age of Complexity • Detailed case studies from schools excelling in the Age of Complexity • Links to videos showcasing real-world students and educators in action • Key takeaways highlighting each chapter’s critical content • Reflective questions to facilitate the application of ideas into school and district settings • Actionable strategies to use in classrooms and school communities As the world continues to grow more complex, this resource provides timely direction on how to think big about innovative growth, even if the first step is small.
- Chapter 1: Thinker, Learner, Dreamer, Doer: Innovative Pedagogies for Cultivating Every Student’s Potential
- Chapter 2: The Uncomfortable Chapter
- Chapter 3: What Is Brilliance?
- Chapter 4: Seeds of Yesteryear: Jesus Christ Superstar
- Chapter 5: Finding Fertile Ground: Fiona’s Story
- Chapter 6: The Courage to Do Things Differently: Rebecca’s Story
- Chapter 7: Igniting the Flame: Blue Sky School
- Chapter 8: Seeds Take Flight: Road Trip
- Chapter 9: Seeds Take Root: Golden Hills
- Chapter 10: Where Learning Comes Naturally: Regina Street Alternative School and Carseland School
- Chapter 11: How to Build a Strong Community: Odyssey’s North Star
- Chapter 12: The But, But, But, But Chapter: Evaluation and Assessment