Your blueprint for product-oriented learning The World Class Learners series provides the most complete information available on designing twenty-first century schools poised to leapfrog into the future! These practice-oriented books expand on Dr. Yong Zhao’s acclaimed World Class Learners, which presents a new framework for cultivating creative and entrepreneurial students. Now, with this second book in the follow-up three-volume set, Zhao digs much deeper, revealing how exactly to put that framework into effect. The second book in the series outlines how to • Understand entrepreneurship and project-oriented learning • Implement “making-as-learning” POL curriculum • Help students create quality entrepreneurial products • Understand ownership, copyrights, and patents Implement Zhao’s new paradigm shift one phase at a time, starting with any book, depending upon your priorities. Better yet, read all three volumes for a complete blueprint to entrepreneur-minded schooling. “The ideal school should provide opportunities and resources to enable students to personalize their educational experiences instead of receiving a uniform standardized, externally prescribed, education diet.” -Yong Zhao
- Introduction: Making World Class Learners
- Chapter 1: Product-Oriented Learning: What Is It?
- Chapter 2: Projects With a Purpose: Finding an Authentic Audience
- Chapter 3: Quality Products That Speak for Themselves: Processes for Review and Revision, Student Evaluation, and Assessment
- Chapter 4: Making as Learning: Product-Oriented Learning and Curriculum Standards
- Chapter 5: Who Owns the Product: Developing Policies and Procedures
- Chapter 6: The Makers’ School: Creating a Culture and Environment for Product-Oriented Learning