Packed with advice, checklists and templates this book will help you improve your study skills throughout your time at university. Written in a straightforward, no nonsense style the guidance given in this book can be broken down into manageable chunks allowing you to work at your own pace.
Issues covered include: “Procrastination; “Planning your assignment; “Understanding your assignment question; “Researching your assignment; “Writing your assignment; “Referencing your assignment; “Managing your own well-being.
Drawing on years of experience running study skills workshops, Monica Gribben has written this book to be as accessible as possible for students with dyslexia as they work through the many challenges that studying at university will present.
Features and materials include: “Helpful Hints; “Timetable cards; “Assignment checklists; “Frequently Asked Questions; “Exercises to help students develop study skills strategies
Downloadable electronic resources are available online to increase the accessibility of the materials provided. This book is the perfect guide for any student with dyslexia studying in higher education.
Monica Gribben is a private dyslexia consultant and Dyslexia Adviser at Edinburgh Napier University.
- Chapter 1: Stepping Out into University with Dyslexia
- Chapter 2: Procrastination
- Chapter 3: Note-Taking
- Chapter 4: Understanding Your Assignment
- Chapter 5: Gathering Information
- Chapter 6: Thinking Critically
- Chapter 7: Writing Your Assignment
- Chapter 8: Writing Your Dissertation
- Chapter 9: Referencing
- Chapter 10: Exams
- Chapter 11: Oral Presentations
- Chapter 12: Making the Most of Your Feedback