This guide for principals and other school leaders is one of three guides comprising a comprehensive approach to restorative school discipline for elementary, middle, and high schools. Each guide is
- Evidence based—drawing on the latest research in education and psychology on effective strategies for educative discipline in classrooms and schools
- Inclusive—schoolwide strategies that accommodate different behavior-support needs to ensure emotionally safe and secure learning environments that do not exclude children and youth
- Restorative—incorporating approaches that focus on making things right, not on retribution for things that have gone wrong
- Practical—disciplinary frameworks and intervention approaches that are doable in typical middle, junior high, and high schools with the kinds of resources and personnel generally available
- Contextual—socially valid principles and practices that fit comfortably in ...