Whether you’re writing a paper, essay, assignment, or dissertation, this short and punchy book helps you improve your writing skills through minimal effort. Providing you with a quick set of writing rules to follow, this tried and tested guide uses a unique and easy to follow grid-based system. Packed with advice on understanding (big and little) common errors made in academic writing, it helps you identify patterns in your own writing and demonstrates how to reshape or re-evaluate them - and raise your writing game in any academic context. How-to tutorials include: • Synthesizing and critiquing literature – and using your coding sheet to develop critical arguments • Shaping abstracts, introductions, discussions, and conclusions – to improve the logic and structure of your writing • Applying lessons-learned to future projects, whatever format of academic writing. Save time and improve your grades, with this essential quick fix guide! SAGE Study Skills are essential study guides for students of all levels. From how to write great essays and succeeding at university, to writing your undergraduate dissertation and doing postgraduate research, SAGE Study Skills help you get the best from your time at university. Visit the SAGE Study Skills hub for tips, resources and videos on study success!
- Chapter 1: Understanding the “Big” and “Little” Errors in Your Paper
- Chapter 2: What am I Supposed to Do in My Paper?
- Chapter 3: How to Synthesize the Literature
- Chapter 4: How to Develop a Critique of Previous Literature
- Chapter 5: How to Produce a Finding and a Claim
- Chapter 6: How to Write an Abstract, Introduction, Discussion, and Conclusion
- Chapter 7: Conclusion: A Do-It-Yourself (DIY) Model of Social Science Writing