Are you looking for ideas, advice and guidance to make you an effective Learning Mentor? This practical book is designed to help those new to the Learning Mentor role avoid common pitfalls, and to help those with more experience to develop their skills. An inspiring read for all primary and secondary Learning Mentors and trainee Learning Mentors, this book is relevant to anyone involved with student support and pastoral care.
Chapter 5: Accountability and Monitoring
Accountability and Monitoring
This Chapter Covers:
- Assessment and accountability for Learning Mentors
- Issues around monitoring
- Evaluation methods
Assessment is an important part of the work of a Learning Mentor. It is important for several reasons, including:
- to measure the progress of the student
- enabling the student to be aware of their own progress
- to provide evidence of the impact of Learning Mentor intervention
- to demonstrate how the Learning Mentor intervention is making a ...