Retaining the focus and the spirit of the acclaimed First Edition, The Drug Legalization Debate, Second Edition, addresses the major issues involved in the continuing drug legalization debate - including deterrence, treatment, education, and prevention. It also examines drug use trends at the end of the millennium, the use of cannabis as a wonder drug and a look at whether legalizing drugs would really reduce violent crime.
- Chapter 1: American Drug Policy: The Continuing Debate
- Chapter 2: Alternative Perspectives on the Drug Policy Debate
- Chapter 3: Legalizing Drugs: Would it Really Reduce Violent Crime?
- Chapter 4: The Marijuana Legalization Debate: Is There a Middle Ground?
- Chapter 5: Cannabis, the Wonder Drug
- Chapter 6: Thinking About the Drug Policy Debate
- Chapter 7: Why the Drug War Will Never End
- Chapter 8: War is Still not the Answer
- Chapter 9: Commonsense Drug Policy