By providing a thorough grounding in the theory behind behavior management, followed by suggestions for successful strategies to use in the classroom, The Complete Guide to Behaviour for Teaching Assistants and Support Staff gives the reader the confidence to manage the challenging behavior of children and young people in educational contexts. further reading
Chapter 7: The Positive TA
The Positive TA
This chapter is both a summary and a collection of ideas that draw together some concepts and themes. By the end of the chapter you will have considered and gained a better understanding of:
- what being positive means through seven key points;
- what you have learned from each of the exercises;
- what you have distilled from each of the exercises in terms of your thinking;
- what you have distilled from each of the exercises in terms of your practice;
- some final comments for positive TAs.
This summary chapter looks at important advice arising from the previous chapters that needs stating or emphasising. It aims to bring your learning into focus before some final statements in the conclusion.
This book has been about the skills, attitudes and approaches ...