Are you looking for practical advice on establishing a coaching programme in your school? This toolkit guides you through the process of setting up and running an effective coaching practice, using examples from a school that has actually done it successfully. The book answers the following questions:- how do you choose your coaches? - how do you train them well? - how do you present coaching as good professional development for all staff? - how do you embed coaching into everyday practice? - how do you evaluate its impact? Accompanied by a CD Rom containing tried and tested photocopiable resources to use in your setting, the book offers all the practical materials you will need.This book is an ideal resource for anyone looking to establish a coaching programme in their school.
- Chapter 1: What is Coaching?
- Chapter 2: Why Coaching?
- Chapter 3: Getting Started
- Chapter 4: Specialist Coaching
- Chapter 5: Using Coaching for New Teachers
- Chapter 6: Group Coaching
- Chapter 7: Coaching in Challenging Circumstances
- Chapter 8: The First Steps for School Leaders
- Chapter 9: Establishing Peer Coaching Across the School
- Chapter 10: Measuring Impact